The Importance of LinkedIn Marketing for Your Business
11 September 2019
LinkedIn used to be a great website for looking up jobs, but in recent years it’s expanded to so much more. Now, it’s an entire platform for generating new business leads while marketing services.
More than 562 million users are building networks and connecting on LinkedIn and it’s not just about who they know, it’s also about who the people that they know, know. Are you still with me? Bottom line, it is entirely about networking.
Engaging an audience and building a network is what LinkedIn marketing is all about. Posting your services on LinkedIn isn’t ideal so instead, it’s important to post engaging content that you can sell your services through. This is usually via a website and/or blog URL.
A huge advantage in LinkedIn marketing is that the website is utilized by senior-level executives, leaders and decision makers. It is also a great way to increase website traffic, obtain quality leads and build your brand awareness. So it is creating a serious impact on B2B marketing.
This blog is written in the intention that you have a LinkedIn profile for your business. If you don’t, there is no time like the present to create one, except maybe a few years ago when LinkedIn first really started main-streaming. But it’s never too late. So, here are a few key tips to keep in mind when doing so:
- Create a page that is engaging
- Use SEO by hash-tagging your company and what you do, there are no limits so make sure traffic can find you
- Use your website URL, company logo, industry, company size and any other details that are relevant to your business
Building a successful LinkedIn profile that creates a high traffic flow doesn’t happen overnight so it’s important to stay patient. In fact, it can take months to see just the smallest improvement in traffic flow. Through LinkedIn marketing strategies, that timeframe can speed up.
Successful Tips for LinkedIn Marketing:
- Create a Connection: Just like the internet, if you don’t have a solid connection, you’re going to find your internet dropping in and out. It is the same for internet marketing. It’s a hit-or-miss type of thing so you want to make sure you’re hitting a homerun. Connection is important. Reach out to businesses, engage, connect and create a network that will easily multiply.
- You Want a Reputation: Just like anywhere else, your brand is the face of your business. Reaching out and connecting is only a part of what makes LinkedIn marketing so popular, the other part is client/customer participation. If you don’t have a captivating pull that keeps your connections tuned in, your reputation plummets. So, create offers, toss a quote up on your post, announce a webinar, or promote a fun event to really keep your audience interested.
- Boast About Accomplishments: Don’t be shy! Your connections want to hear about everything you’ve accomplished so go ahead, take your bow and post away. It is a great way to build trust with your connections while also inspiring others to connect with you as well. Why? Because people love a winning company.
- Keep Tabs on Competitors: LinkedIn offers Companies to Track, which is a feature that lists companies that are very similar to your own. Key metrics such as number of followers, growth rate and engagement through social media are listed to help evaluate your competition.
In conclusion, if you’re looking to build your brand while networking, LinkedIn marketing is the best way to do it. People aren’t farming the newspapers or yellow pages anymore looking for jobs, it’s all about the web and LinkedIn is a one-stop shop for many recruiters.
Be sure to follow our team @CosMarketing Agency on all social media platforms for advice for business owners! Contact us 7-days a week to schedule a consultation at 407-334-9378 or at CosMarketingAgency@gmail.com.