How Content Creation Generates Leads: A Guide
1 February 2020
Are you looking for a better way to generate more leads with your content? By now, it’s no secret that content attracts audience. So, if you don’t have content that sells, then you don’t have an audience who is interested.
Content creation is extremely marketable. You can provide free and useful information to your audience while attracting new potential customers. Not to mention the fact that you are also generating some ROI for your company. Content marketing brings 3X as many leads as other styles of marketing, and it costs 62 percent less. At least 61 percent of online purchases comes from a consumer who has read a blog.
Content Creation Generates Leads by:
Appealing to the Consumer: If you are not attracting consumers, you are not attracting leads and ultimately, you are not making any revenue from it. Research your target audience, make sure you have a deep understanding of what appeals to them. You will not be able to appeal to everyone, so figure out who you want to appeal to and go strongly in that direction.
- You’ll want names, ages, genders, incomes, locations, professions, etc. You want to know what they value, what they don’t value, what their goals are, and what their hopes and dreams are. Dig into their psyche, what keeps them up at night? What are their favorite hobbies, movies, TV shows, and/or books?
Find Your Content Style:
To generate as many leads as possible, you’ll want to figure out what type of content you want to promote. For example, here are two different styles.
- Traffic Generating Content - helpful for growing your audience. Blog posts, social media posts, videos, podcasts, infographics, photos, and eBooks are all great traffic generating content platforms.
- Lead Generating Content - is content that is packaged up as a “lead magnets”, which are valuable resources freely offered via email addresses. Useful resources, eBooks, mini courses, challenges, reports, webinars, discounts, coupons, trial periods, and quizzes are all great examples.
- To generate as many leads as possible, you’ll want to figure out what type of content you want to promote. For example, here are two different styles.
What’s Your Distribution Channel?
- Organic- doesn’t require paid advertising, low budget but takes longer to get going for leads. Examples include search engines, YouTube, and social media platforms.
- Paid-paid advertising but generates leads much faster. Examples are social media ads, Google AdWords, Native ads, Banner ads, and content discovery networks.
Create A Content Plan:
- What content are you going to publish?
- Who will publish it?
- How frequently will you publish it?
- Will you offer live webinars?
- How often will you post on social media?
Do Your SEO Research: SEO research, which is also known as keyword research in a gold mine on the internet. Don’t take my word for it, just look at the stats:
- 93% of online experiences begin with a search engine
- 75% of people never scroll past page one of their search results
- Google receives over 63,000 searches per second every day
Content is part of everyday life on the internet. It’s literally everywhere you look, and it’s meant to be that way, so traffic is generated, and money is made. It informs, it entertains, it guides, and it’s engaging. If you are not creating content, you might as well be stuck in the stone age.
Contact our team 7-days a week to discuss content creation and how you can take your digital presence to the next level. Call or text 407 334 9378 or email CosMarketingAgency@gmail.com today!